註冊會員

帖子 1178
註冊 2012-7-15
用戶註冊天數 4306
用戶失蹤天數 3879
狀態 離線
發表於 2012-11-23 14:15 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Jon Cornish was born into a family of five siblings with a single parent; his mom was a music teacher and raised her 5 kids all by herself.  All five of her kids were very well educated; all of them went to private school.  Jon went to University of Kansas after high school, and one Christmas break, he went home and noticed his mother exceptionally happy. He asked his mom “who is he?”  In turn, she replied, “she”.   It took Jon a whopping 15 seconds, and he said “ it’s cool mom, really happy for ya”  

Jon is now playing football in the Canadian Football League, and this season, he won the Most Outstanding Canadian Award, after he accepted the award, standing in front of the podium, he began go give his thank you speech.  He said "I want to thank my mom -- my two moms, really. Because what are we without our families?"

Granted, being a football player and surrounded by bunch of macho, macho guys, day in and day out.  And be able to stand in front of room full of said macho players and a large contingency of national media, to say I was raised by a gay parent, and be proud of it.  

This is a sign of a battle won, however small the victory is.

amon
註冊會員

帖子 465
註冊 2012-7-13
用戶註冊天數 4308
用戶失蹤天數 3835
來自 source
狀態 離線
發表於 2012-11-24 01:09 
正!

此網站將關閉,請到 www.limehk.com